Monday, January 9, 2012

Almond Florentine Cookies

I've recently become obsessed with Florentine cookies.
I tried out a lot of different recipes but this recipe
by far is my favorite from David Lebowitz.
I have to admit that I did omitted the orange zest and chocolate this time around...so maybe it not really a true Florentine Cookie???? I'm not sure but I will tell you it is something very delicious and something worth experiencing for yourself. 


Click here for David's recipe for Chocolate Dip Almond Florentine.




Almond Florentines




1 large egg white, at room temperature
1/3 cup  powdered sugar
1 3/4 cup sliced almonds
a good pinch of sea salt
1. Preheat the oven to 300F
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and brush very lightly with vegetable oil or use silpat.
3. In a bowl, mix together all the ingredients.
4. Place heaping tablespoon-sized mounds of the batter evenly spaced on the prepared baking sheet. You can use a round cookie cutter as a guide. See photos below. Try to avoid have any gaps between the almonds.
5. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, until the cookies are golden brown. 
6. Let cookies cool, then lift with a spatula and place them on a cooling rack until crisp.
7. Store cookies in an airtight container until ready to serve.






Happy Baking and if you want to share your
favorite Florentine cookie recipe with
me I would love to hear from you.

VU





No comments: