Sunday, April 10, 2011

The Huntington Library, Art Collection and Botanical Gardens

 There is so much to see at the Huntington Library that it's almost impossible to take in the beauty of all the gardens, art collections and library in just one day.
Here are just a few highlights of my visit.

The Botanical Gardens are an ever changing exhibit. There are over a dozen gardens to explore. One of the most interesting to visit is the Desert Garden.  I suggest visiting when the cacti are in bloom.

In one of the libraries  I was happy to see the complete works of Jane Austin.

The Grand Stair Case.

Pinkie

Blue Boy

Georgiana Cavendish  Duchess of Devonshire.

This piece is from the 18th Century and the inlay is mother of pearl.


The Art Collection is impressive and I posted some of my favorites.



The Huntington
1151 Oxford Road
San Marino, CA 91108
626.405.2100

Happy Weekend!!!

No comments: