Saturday, February 19, 2011

Wind, Surf and the Rain


I'm anticipating a king's tide sometime this week and can't wait to see what I'll find when I go
beach combing this weekend. A pretty big storm rolled in last night and another one is on the way.
 I was surprised to see the sun shining when I woke up...so I thought
 I would head to beach before the big looming clouds off in the distance showed up.

Flocks of sea gulls lined the shore.
Do you think sea gulls can anticipate storms on the horizon????

Mounds of sea weed was everywhere from the rough seas last night.

The water was a bit rough. I got hit by a couple of good waves while scouting the tide pools.

The tide was low enough so I really could investigate all the nooks and crannies.
I was happy to find some large starfish to photograph.




 A little hermit crabs...can you see his claw? Maybe it's a her???
I found a great piece of sea glass but it was so wedged in between the rocks that
I decided to just leave it alone.


Happy Beach Combing!!!


No comments: