Sunday, January 23, 2011

Treasure Hunting at the Santa Monica Antique Fair


I spent the weekend treasure hunting at the Santa Monica Antique Fair.
I love these starfish.

I have my grandmother's Samovar but this one is just as beautiful.

These lace trims remind me when I worked as an assistant designer to Connie Crebbin at
Le Lace. I was in charge of shopping for buttons and lace trims.

I adore these vintage opera binoculars.

The dealer had a wonderful assortment to select from.

These vintage necklaces with dog portraits were adorable.


Silver and crystal bits and bobs.

I really, really would like to get a vintage cameo but they can be expensive. 
I found this brass cameo for $8.00 that I know I will enjoy wearing until 
I save enough for the real deal.

Remember these? I've been thinking and thinking about them and I promised myself
that if they were still available for sell I would get them. Let's just say it was a belated 
birthday present for me, from me.

Happy Weekend!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just purchased a dress with a label that say Le Lace by Connie Crebbin. Any idea if she is still designing? I would love to find out how old this dress is and its value. Any help will be appreciated. BTW, I bought the dress at a thrift shop her in Mesa, AZ. Thanks much

VU Design Studio said...

That's so funny...I've been thinking about Conne Crebbin....what does the dress look like? I used to be one of her production assistants so I might remember the dress....