Monday, December 20, 2010

Pluot Almond Galette

A made a quick stop to the Farmer's Market on Sunday. I arrived so late that most of the vendors were packing up all their produce. I make my rounds and these blushing beauties caught my eyes. Pluots. Pluots are a hybrid of a plum and an apricot. I've come to discover that there are several variates on plutos. Some have golden yellow textures while other have ruby red interiors. 
I got a new cookbook called Rustic Fruit Dessert and came up with my own concoction. I making a Pluot Almond Galette.



The pluots I'm using have a golden yellow interior.

You can make your own pastry dough or use a store bought one. I needed
something quick and easy..... plus I has one on hand that I did not want to go to waste.
Ready for the oven.

Pluot Almond Gallete Recipe

Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
For the filling:
In a food processor combine:
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup toasted almonds
1/4 flour

Cut and pit about 4 pluots into 1/8 pieces and toss them into the mixture.
Roll out your dough onto a lined baking sheet with parchment paper.
Arrange the plutos on the rolled out dough leaving about a 1 to 2 inch boarder.
Fold up the edges onto the pluots and partically cover the plouts.
Brush the edges of the dough with an egg wash and sprinkle with sugar.
Bake for 45 to 55 minutes until the crust is golden brown.
It's important to cool the galette for a least 30 minutes so the juices can thicken.

Right out of the oven!!!

Cut....Serve....Perfection!!!

Happy Baking!!!

No comments: