Thursday, November 25, 2010

Pavlova



I know what your thinking....Pavlova for Thanksgiving? Why not? My thinking is simple. After
a long heavy meal of turkey, mac and cheese, mashed potatoes etc....a simple fresh dessert of meringue and fresh fruit might be something different to surprise your guest with. If your still not convinced
you could always try making a chocolate pavlova with coffee flavored whipped cream and with a crunchy hazelnut praline....If your still not sure that this recipe would win your guests over at your Thanksgiving table because it's not the traditional pumpkin pie make sure to keep this recipe handy for the summer weather. This recipe will be sure to become a family favorite.

Please click on the link below on a great recipes on Pavlova that was posted in the LA Times.
I'm diffidently going to try and make the Roasted Cherry Pavlova with Cinnamon Whipped Cream sometime soon.


Pavlova revisited


Here are a few photo's of the Pavlova I made.

I'm placing the egg whites on a baking sheets lined with parchment paper and trying to shaped
the Pavlova a in circle.

The Pavlova is ready for the oven.

Fresh out of the oven. Now it needs to completely cool.
Next step preparing the whipping cream and berry topping.

I like useing a lot of whipped cream...

I use a mix of raspberries and strawberries. You can really use whatever
mix you like...

I love the marshmallow interiors of the cake.  It was a slice of heaven.

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

No comments: